Last week was the graduation of Dept of Electronic Engineering undergraduate and postgraduate students. In what might be AudioLab’s biggest PhD cohort yet, 6 of our students got to wear the silly bonnet!
Well done to:
- Laurence – ‘The Morphologically Informed Perceptual Enhancement of Spatial Audio’
- Joe – ‘The Impact of Multichannel Game Audio on the Quality of Player Experience and In-game Performance’
- Becky – ‘Resonance Tuning in Professional Operatic Sopranos’
- Frank – ‘Strategies for Environmental Sound Measurement, Modelling, and Evaluation’
- Sara – ‘ Interpersonal synchronization in ensemble singing: the roles of visual contact and leadership, and evolution across rehearsals’
- Chris – ‘Evaluating the Perceived Quality of Binaural Technology’
Particular congratulations to Sara and Chris, who each won Departmental KM Stott Prizes for Excellence in Scientific Research.
Congrats to what might be our largest PhD graduation cohort yet! #UoYGraduation
— AudioLab (@AudioLabYork) July 18, 2019
— Damian Murphy (@SoundLabArtist) July 18, 2019
If you want to watch them walk across the stage, here’s the ceremony!