Here in the Department of Electronic Engineering at the University of York we teach a variety of Music Technology subjects. This includes our BEng/MEng programme in Electronic Engineering with Music Technology Systems and our taught MSc programme in Audio and Music technology.
Please follow the links below for further information on these courses:
- BEng/MEng Elec Eng with MusTech: www.york.ac.uk/electronic-engineering/undergraduate/courses/eemts/
- MSc AMT: www.york.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-taught/courses/msc-audio-music-technology/
The modules taught as part of these degree courses include the following topics:
- Recording studio techniques
- Sound design for visual media
- Spatial audio theory
- Acoustics and psychoacoustics theory
- Impulse response recording and analysis
- iOS programming for audio
- Voice science and synthesis
- Digital signal processing
- Audio and musical instrument interface design
As well as these taught opportunities, we are also looking to take on new PhD and MSc by research students. Please see the links below for further information on how to get involved.