Three recording studios across two sites
Studios 1 & 2 (Physics & Engineering Technology Building)
- Two recording studios with a shared live room
- Multi-purpose, ideal for recording bands and mixing
- Used in the teaching and assessment of our undergraduate course
Genesis 6 Studio (York Science Park)
- Single recording studio with a small, dedicated live room
- Ideal for post-production and surround sound work
- Used primarily for research into low-latency audio and immersive spatial mixing workflows
5.1 and 7.1.4 surround sound systems
Genelec surround sound speaker systems calibrated for each studio's response.
Audio Over IP
Focusrite Dante Interfaces
The latest audio hardware from Focusrite, paired with high-quality pre-amps to deliver low latency audio over the local network.
Genelec and Yamaha studio monitors
Genelec 8040 and Yamaha NS10 monitors allow for critical listening when playing back mixes.
Large TVs for sound-to-picture work
All studios and live rooms equipped with HD TV screens to facilitate fast studio workflows and work for film & TV.
AVID control surfaces
To improve mixing workflows and allow users to get hands-on with their mixes.
Variety of musical instruments
Large instrument library complete with guitars, amplifiers, electric pianos, synthesiser and drum kits from the likes of Nord, Vox, Pearl and Fender.
Wealth of cutting-edge software
Steinberg Nuendo, Cubase Pro, Pro Tools, Reaper, Ableton Live Studio and plug-ins from iZotope.
100 + Microphones
An array of microphones, suitable for a range of studio and live applications.